Engineering Analyst - GIS
Role type: 12 month renewable contract
Start date: Mid September
This role is in the Integrity department at of a global mid stream business based in Toronto. The goal of the Integrity department is to ensure the safe and reliable operation of all of the company's gas-carrying assets. The role resides in the Integrity Data Assessment team in Integrity which focuses on risk modelling and assessment, data governance, and software administration for all types of assets in Integrity. This contract position will be dedicated to a multi-year integration project to amalgamate Legacy Union TIMP pipelines into the Pipeline Risk and Integrity Management (PRIM) software; the team is looking for a highly motivated and technically sound Engineering Analyst to perform the following duties:
* Conduct detailed checks of converted pipeline dataset to ensure they meet reporting standards and accurately reflect the pipeline specifications
* Review Engineering drawings, bill of materials, other company records to validate pipeline specifications
* Review and assess pipeline Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) records and digitize pertinent information using the PRIM software package.
* Create and manipulate GIS dataset using satellite imagery and basic tools in ESRI ArcMap software package
* Obtain a technical understanding of Integrity documents and processes to drive improvements to the data supporting Integrity and Risk assessments.
* Technology diploma or Engineering degree
* Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
* Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
* A high level of attention to detail and capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
* Strong sense of organization and planning
* Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to self-learn new software platforms
* Previous experience in Records Management, Pipeline/Materials engineering, or Integrity
* Knowledge of internal policies and procedures
* Experience working with ESRI ArcMap or Google Earth
* Proficient in VB Script and SQL coding languages
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/