Global HSE Manager - London
Petroplan are supporting a client in London with their recruitment of a Global Well Delivery HSE Manager, This person promotes the clients quality assurance, safety, health and environmental goals throughout wells projects globally. Incumbent will be responsible for the development and implementation of policies, processes and systems that ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment globally. The role provides coaching, support and advice to the Wells Management Team on HSE matters. The incumbent shall drive and assist the formulation and implementation of the Well Delivery HSE Management Strategy, plans, procedures, practices and organisation across global Well Delivery Campaigns. The ability to understand and integrate complex and conflicting needs and priorities in support of 24/7 operations, is imperative. Management of interfaces with internal and external partners is another important aspect of the position. Performance will be measured on achievement of project SHE objectives including the relevant, auditable requirements of global well operations. Incumbent is responsible for assisting in the development and implementing of adequate Emergency Response Plans for well delivery and provide the necessary structure, systems and tools to implement effective ERPs.
- Implementation of the Wells SHE Management Strategy, plans, procedures, practices and for global Well Delivery Campaigns
- Maintains SHE Training standards and competence to a high level
- Develops well delivery SHE emergency response plans (offshore / onshore operations)
- Ensures SHE goals and priorities for well delivery fully aligned with corporate ones
- Establishes, implements and maintains approved Business Unit specific risk programs
- Ensures an exemplary S&H culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the organization.
Oversees and monitors the effectiveness and quality of SHE programs in achieving - Well Delivery goals and standards; provides summaries of program effectiveness and maturity
- Collaborates with stakeholders to fully implement SHE certification across operations, in line with Group Directives Develop well delivery SHE management system
- Ensures the respective organization operates in alignment with SHE standards, policies and code of practice for safe working.
- Contributes to effective risk management of SHE related issues by providing specialist knowledge and advice on key business decisions to leadership team
- Develops SHE KPIs for Well Delivery improving each successive year
- Reports and analyses all aspects of SHE performance for key stakeholders
- Drives continuous improvement and behavioural change
- Contributes to, monitor progress and plans and executes SHE related projects.
- Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect SHE Team within HR policies.
Oversees SHE audits in support of Well Delivery policies and regulatory requirements
- Coordinate the creation of a SHE audit programme
- Assist in Schedules audits and inspections of - rigs, and operational support locations
- Is part of the audit team carrying out an annual rig inspection.
- Implements a 3rd Party audit program
- Minimum of a 4 year Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and 10 years of experience
- Relevant HSE qualifications Offshore survival and medical certificates.
- At least 10 years' HSE/OHS experience working at a senior level in a global organization with an international operator (major independent / super major / major drilling contractor) in regulatory compliance, quality assurance, and safety management, or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant military experience.
- 5years experience in HSE leadership position in Oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrated experience of leading and developing a team or teams of employees in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated strong skills and experience in health, safety and environmental management
- Strong and pro-active communicator
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Ability to travel as required
- Proven track record of SHE continuous Improvement
- Working experience with exploration operations in remote locations onshore and offshore.
- Working experience in Africa
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com