Working for a Houston based international oil and gas company, the owner relations analyst requires a self-starter who is able to work independently with good decision making skills while gathering and analyzing complex data from a wide range of sources. The source of data includes but is not limited to leases, contracts, division orders, title opinions, curative and other such related documents.
The role requires someone familiar with the upstream energy business who regularly acquires knowledge of industry practices, trends, regulations, laws, rulings as they pertain to our core business activities. This position requires someone with exposure to all facets of ownership including various interaction levels with internal and external business partners.
This person in this role must possess strong analytical skills, computer skills and general knowledge about the use of core computer applications along with related applications that support our business effort. This position requires a person who can easily and professionally interact with the upstream organization using good interpersonal skills, while being aligned to company goals and objectives, and embracing company values.
ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Analyze and validate ownership, property and production information related to our core business processes. This includes review of all leases and related contracts captured in Quorum Land System and how to obtain and apply that information.
- Contribute to the setup, revision and maintenance of all division order information in SAP/PRA which includes understanding and manipulating unit tracts, bearer groups, and all other related system required data in SAP/PRA.
- Support and responsiveness to our Finance colleagues by making available ownership to allow for accurate and timely processing of production volumes, production revenue, and joint interest billing.
- Must be familiar with the formats of various legal descriptions so as to analyze spacing and unit map information and apply that information to our core business processes.
- Responding to phone calls, emails and correspondence from mineral owners and working interest partners regarding title issues, inquiries and account questions.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with both internal and external business partners as well as property owners to obtain needed information and/or documents or to convey information.
- Adhere to internal document management process to ensure correspondence, instruments, records, and all other data are filed, imaged and indexed appropriately for retrieval and analysis.
- Alignment with company needs to monitor and measure business activities and to continuously improve our business processes.
- Conduct all business activities according to company policies including business ethics, application of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, and all system/process security restrictions.
- Contribute to and support lean practices in all aspects of the role as the company moves toward a distinctive lean culture.
- Strong knowledge of land administration including:
- Lease, royalty, and joint interest partner concepts
- Laws and regulatory provisions related to oil and gas extraction
- Contract administration
- Exposure to oil and gas operations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Understand how to calculate all division of interest ownership types and burdens.
- Understand all related contracts including before and after payout calculations.
- Understand the essential requirements of ownership transfers and be able to interpret the effects of a wide range of ownership-transfer documents.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of oil and gas experience is desirable, preferably in land, land administration, division order, or land development.
- Experience with PRA/SAP is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor's degree preferable or commensurate experience. Certifications or degrees in the following are also a plus: Law, Petroleum Land Management, and Division Order Analyst.
*Must be able to live and work in Houston without sponsorship or relocation*
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com