Innovation Lab works with data that powers our products to improve safety and reliability. By working hands-on with ground-breaking technology, the lab pioneers the development of innovative products through small agile teams. Our teams incorporate a variety of multidisciplinary skills, including industrial predictive algorithms, machine learning, and sentiment analysis.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be the link between the business objectives and core technological capabilities the team is building. An agile team requires constant adaptation and innovation to turn customer needs into outputs. The Business Analyst's goal is to drive organized and effective requirements to build the product and maximize business value. They are responsible for utilizing creative and practical thinking to translate user requirements into valuable solutions.
WHO YOU ARE
* Domain expertise
* Minimum of 5 to 10 years of BA experience
* Deep knowledge of digital domains and products
* Experience in Agile methodologies and have worked in a co-located, cross-functional Scrum team, working collectively to deliver an outstanding product for end-users
* Deep knowledge of business improvement tools and techniques - process mapping, analysis, design and re-engineering, lean principles
* Knowledge of software development life cycle
* Ability to quickly learn industry trends, domains and end user demands from pain points
* Design thinking approach to solving complex business problems, from a user-centric standpoint, and following an iterative process.
* Individual skills
* Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex messages and trade-offs and tell a compelling story
* Ability to articulate business requirements and bridge the gap with development teams and stakeholders
* A critical thinker and problem solver with the ability to push the solution and progress
* Great attention to detail - you notice things that others don't
* Entrepreneurial, organized self-starter who is self-motivated but a good team player with a professional presence
* Must be a good collaborator, team player, and individual contributor
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills
* Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
* Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
* Mindsets and behaviors
* Passion for challenging the status quo and finding new solutions and drive out of the box ideas; you are an advocate for change
* Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, safety and trust
* Experimental mindset to drive innovation
Related university degree
CBAP or other Business Analysis certification
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Understand strategic imperatives of the business and conduct needs analysis
* Collaborate with the Product Owners to prioritize items in the backlog and determine business value.
* Elicit requirements for complex initiatives.
* Write clear and concise User Stories and Acceptance Criteria to help the team deliver the right product every sprint, maintaining a backlog of 3 to 4 sprints ahead of the team.
* Build and maintain positive relationships with business units and help the team work with users to shape the application in a collaborative and engaging fashion, striving at all times to deliver an amazing product.
* Serve as the day to day contact for the team on clarification of requirements and drive user stories
* Exercise strong decision making mandate across the team as a proxy to the Product Owner
* Help stakeholders make decisions about approaches, priorities, and trade offs to stay focused on continuous value creation in the face of constraints, differing opinions, risks and complexity.
* Work directly with developers, testers and other product team members on a daily basis to maintain focus on the product vision, customer and business value.
* Understand business process modeling notation and techniques
* Understand business drivers of process improvement and contribute to establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Improve existing approaches by seeking opportunities to creatively transform current practices into enhanced alternative solutions
* Conduct gap analysis effectively against solution alternatives, identifying functional gaps, risks, benefits and pros/cons
* Assist in identification and definition of test scenarios and test conditions necessary to validate user stories
* Organize and lead sessions with the stakeholders to ensure that the end-user needs drive the product functionality. Encourage a sensible balance of functionality vs usability and work closely with the UX designers to ensure that good UI and UX principles are always applied.
* Produce innovative solutions for the end-users, incorporating modern interaction and design, simplifying complex processes and interactions for a better user experience.
* Act as Business Analyst Lead on large and/or complex projects
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/