Commissioning Manager - LNG
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for the development and execution of the Company's natural gas liquefaction (LNG) facility commissioning process. Lead and manage commissioning team(s) including the overall coordination of stakeholders throughout the commissioning phases of the liquefaction project. Oversee EPC contractor to ensure contracted commissioning related requirements have been met; to include testing, turnover and all systems are completed, handed over fully commissioned, ready to startup per requirement of the project.
* Work closely with construction staff, Owners Engineer(s), and operations staff to ensure EPC contractor fulfills contract requirements relative to the commissioning phase of the facility and that the smooth transfer and hand over of commissioned system to the startup team.
* Work with the EPC contractor to manage the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for commissioning and acceptance of the plant and turnover to the startup team for startup.
* Work with EPC contractor to develop and implement procedures to ensure the overall safety of the facility and its personnel. Reinforce awareness of safety and environmental incidents through frequent job observations by frequent site walk-downs and talking to personnel working on commissioning activities. Advances the health, safety, environmental and security procedures and protocol of the Owner to the EPC during the commissioning phase of the project.
* Create and manage commissioning schedule. Manage EPC contractors and subcontractors with regard to all commissioning activities.
* Input Owner's interests and requirements in the course of Project Execution Plan and commissioning procedure with reflection of O&M point of view.
* Coordinate with O&M organization to ensure alignment and integration of commissioning activities.
* Review and obtain necessary approval of all functional and performance test procedures.
* Ensure the proper receipt, review and approval of the necessary operational documentation such as system turnover procedures, standard operating / maintenance procedures, spare parts lists, punch lists and test reports.
* Ensure proper installation equipment packages based on commissioning procedures.
* Provide assistance in developing solutions to problems that may arise during commissioning.
* Assist with the resolution of problems that may occur during the startup and stable operations of the facility.
* Interface as necessary with all local agencies.
* Perform other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties). Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or equivalent level of experience in related field Required
* 10 LNG liquefaction experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
* Technical understanding of LNG liquefaction plants.
* Technical understanding of mole sieve dehydration and amine treating.
* Possesses good oral and written communication skills in English.
* Have legal and commercial sense for preparation and negotiation of contracts.
* Good understanding of EPC Lump Sum contracts.
* Ability to track and manage job costs.
* Is able to work with a culturally diverse group of technical individuals whose skills cover the range required to engineer, operate and maintain the LNG liquefaction plants.
* Not essential but understands or has a working knowledge of project management, Primavera, database, spreadsheet, PowerPoint and word processing skills.
* Possesses good management, planning and organizational skills and meets work deadlines.
* Possesses the personality and ability to relate to and to establish a mutually respectful relationship with 1) management, 2) peers and 3) the various facility level workers.
Licenses and Certifications:
* Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC) Required
* Professional Engineering (PE) Preferred Area of Interest
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.