Petroplan is in search for a Construction Analyst in Markham, ON.
This is a 1 year contract.
* Overall responsibility for the analysis, design, technical specifications and picklines for all new sales and district stations, replacement district stations, subdivisions, main extensions, multi-family dwelling, reinforcements, relocations, replacements and headers.
* Responsible for design and costing for both upstream and downstream piping on district stations.
* Overall responsibility to analyze, plan and design parameters for the Measurement & Regulation Department for all pressure gas sales stations
* The Analyst must also ensure projects are prioritized in a cost-effective manner. Negotiate with municipalities and external agencies to minimize conflicts and maximize cost sharing opportunities where potential main relocations are identified.
* Project management responsibilities include completion of pickline, cost estimation and tracking for budget accuracy. Ensure timely communication of accurate pressure and flow parameters for design, costing and station selection.
* The Analyst is responsible to attend Public Utility Coordinating Committee meetings in order to negotiate with utility and municipal managers and staff to settle conflicts, co-ordinate joint projects, minimized overall costs while maximizing cost sharing and maintain a mutually efficient environment to operate within the municipality.
* Overall responsibility for the development of the program for prioritizing and justifying replacement of distribution plant, to ensure integrity of the system.
* Responsible to develop and cost estimate a group of replacement projects to meet an overall targeted budget amount.
* Overall responsibility for performing an On-Call coordinating role, supporting field forces, for system occurring anywhere across the entire EGI System. Emergency response is covered on a 24 hour, 7-day rotating schedule.
* The Analyst is required to serve as a key contact for field staff and is accountable to provide accurate planning record information, network analysis, affected customer data, system isolation information and other distribution planning information during system emergencies.
* The Analyst is required to serve as a key contact for field staff and is accountable to provide accurate record information, network analysis, customer information, system isolation information and other distribution planning information during system emergencies.
* Design and co-ordinate pressure elevations.
* Conduct compression coupling searches and contingency plans as required ensuring construction crews are not working in potentially dangerous situations
* Project management certificate/experience and thorough understanding of Distribution Operations procedures and policies.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and negotiation skills
* Demonstrate effective working relationships with peers and internal/external customers
* 4-6 years' experience in an operations and/or engineering environment
* Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including spreadsheet and word processor
* Thorough knowledge of Planning, Design & Records, Operation & Maintenance, and Construction policies and procedures
* Working Knowledge with Maximo, e-GIS, planning and records is an asset
* Job shadow, cross training or work experience from any of the following departments: Construction, M&R, Corrosion, Leak Survey
* In depth business, industrial and company knowledge is required to perform design analysis function effectively, recognizing impacts on capital dollars and understanding Codes, Standards and regulations is required.
* Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist or equivalent, or Project management certificate/experience is an asset
* Successful completion of Pipeline inspection school/additional on the job training is an asset
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Must be eligible to work and live in Canada.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.