Environmental and Social Lead
Georgia / / Non EU & FSU
Opportunity to join a leading Oil & Gas Operator based in Georgia as an Environmental and Social Lead.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Managing the Site Based Environmental Officers, Community Liaison Officers and Cultural Heritage Officers.
* Ensuring construction contractor implementation of ESIA & ESMMP environmental requirements including providing on-site daily advice and assistance to site construction management and personnel on all environmental matters.
* Ensuring the implementation of environmental monitoring contracts.
* Day-to-day monitoring of construction activities as they relate to E&S performance (pollution prevention, waste management, aggregate management, spill reporting, erosion control, reinstatement, community liaison, grievance management, community safety, recruitment and training, late finds protocol).
* Daily and weekly reporting of construction activities as they relate to E&S performance.
* Monitoring action tracking and timely closure of actions.
* Participating in E&S verification, compliance auditing and raising corrective actions as necessary.
* Supporting the integration of the E&S teams across the different work locations.
* Supporting the implementation of an ESMS consistent with OMS and ISO 14001 and ensuring contractor continual improvement.
* Ensuring Construction Methodology and Management of Change conform to ESIA requirements.
* Raising environmental site awareness and supports training initiatives in all aspects of E&S practice.
* Supporting the delivery of relevant environmental and social internal/external performance and compliance reporting requirements.
* Participating and providing input in emergency response exercises, as required.
* Implementing environmental reinstatement and bio-restoration commitments and plans.
* Supporting Cultural Heritage Chance Finds process.
The ideal candidate will have:
* BSc (Hons) in Environmental Science or related discipline.
* A minimum of 10 years' experience in the oil and gas industry in a similar pipeline role.
* International pipeline and similar civil projects site experience.
* Experience in training E&S personnel in site management.
* Experience with site waste management infrastructure on similar projects.
* Experience leading pre-construction baseline surveys and recommending construction avoidance and/or mitigation measures based on sound E&S practices.
* Familiar with erosion control design and reinstatement implementation.
* Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
* Knowledge of Georgian and Russian languages is a positive.
* Auditing experience particularly in the context of ISO 14001 systems.
* Documentation management experience for compliance related to ISO 14001 systems.
* Experience in biorestoration.
* Experience using environmental and social management systems (ESMS).
Ref No: HQ00028298
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com
Job posted by
Back to Vacancies
- I am interested in a job working at Petroplan. What should I do?
- Can I engage with Petroplan via Social Media?
- How do I apply for a particular oil and gas job?
- Do Petroplan's clients ever hire expats? If so, what are your residency requirements?
- I am having problems logging into the Petroplan Candidate portal using my username or password. Who can I contact to resolve these issues?